Minot Winter Februaury 2009

There is more snow in this spot than they've had in over a decade. They will tell you all about it too. In fact they will tell you bout just anything if you sit around long enough to listen. The ice is thick. You said maybe it was winter but that you loved me like crazy. Again, I think and smile hoping that it is true. You took a job at this country bar right at the edge of town. I went down and sat and had a few red beers just for support on the night you started, til the men started hittin' on me and all. I decided to go home and Jesus nearly put me to sleep lying on my chest but I just coulnd't wait to come down and get ya, so I tried and kept my eyes open till it was time to come.
The heroin is keepin us warm but I start to lose my voice at the end of the night and by day 3 its usually pretty rough. That and your parents had showed up kind of unexpected and all but it may have been just what we needed. I feel kinda strange coming back here but it could turn out to be real good. Livin ain't nearly as expensive and momma likes to get us dinner when we got the time. I just need to find some work for myslef. $4,500 in student loans didn't go near as far as I thought it would. I guess if I can finish up this degree maybe I can get a good job and she can keep playin some music and maybe she really will marry me.

Comments

Popular Posts